Group Health Insurance QuotesFor the uninsured, associations and self employed
- Remember, because the plans are guaranteed issue there are higher premiums.
- Cost are charged to the employer, with employees paying a small percentage.
- Group health plans are usually non portable when you leave
- Occasionally, carriers cancel or non renew a group health plan.
- There usually is no medical exam or qualifion with company health insurance.
- There is shorter underwriting, with distribution of a company survey.
- With most employers who have over 20 employees, you can continue group benefits under COBRA for 18 months after termination
- Higher premiums usually offset by employer contribution
- Increased premiums for group plans are spread out over larger number of people.
- For group health insurance, you need to have at least two or more employees
- Group plan members usually have to work at least 30+ hours per week.
- Companies have to self administer the plan or hire a third party adminstrator.